From October 3 to October 7, 2022, the 23rd edition of the Scientific Initiation Salon (SIC) of the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS) took place. SIC is promoted by the Dean of Research and Graduate Studies of PUCRS and aims to provide the exchange of knowledge and of research results developed by Scientific Initiation scholarship holders in projects supervised by researchers from higher education institutions in Brazil. SIC also aims to promote the dissemination of research within the Undergraduate level of the University and the scientific and academic community in general. Moreover, the event aims to encourage the participation of undergraduate students in Scientific Initiation Programs since this is an activity that provides students to learn techniques and methods of research and stimulates the development of scientific thinking and creativity.
This year, the 23rd edition of SIC took place in person. In addition, 5 students from GMAP’s scientific initiation scholarship presented their work in the 23rd SIC:
- Análise de algoritmos de classificação taxonômica para Metabarcoding
Caetano Müller, Eduardo Moreira da Silva (co-autor), Dalvan Griebler (co-orientador), Eduardo Eizirik (orientador)
- Análise e Reconhecimento de Padrões em Vídeos de Experimentos com Programadores de Aplicações Paralelas
Vitor Fuentes Ferreira Pires, Dalvan Griebler (co-orientador), Gabriella Andrade (co-autora), Luiz Gustavo Fernandes (orientador)
- Comparação entre Soluções para Paralelização de Aplicações: Flink, Storm e SPar
Leonardo Faé, Dalvan Griebler (co-orientador), Isabel Harb Manssour (orientador)
- Diversidade de Microbiomas de Água de Tanques das Bromélias e Aechmea Gamosepala, Vriesea Friburgensis, e V. Platynema Encontradas no Pró-mata através de Metabarcoding de 16S e 18S
Arthur Bianchessi, Dalvan Griebler (co-orientador), Eduardo Eizirik (orientador)
- Nas Benchmarks e C++ e Rust
Leonardo Siqueira Mallmann, Dalvan Griebler (orientador)
More information about the 23rd SIC can be found on the official website. All publications can be found in the SIC proceedings.
By: Gabriella Andrade